Hallam Avenue Lane Cove Club History

The land occupied by the Club has been utilised for tennis recreational purposes since the late 1950’s.  The courts were originally owned and developed by St Michael’s Catholic Church of Lane Cove and functioned under the name, St Michael’s Tennis Club.

In the mid-1960’s, Lane Cove Council acquired the land and with improvements from St Michael’s Catholic Church and the club, it was renamed the Hallam Avenue Tennis Club. 

The tenure of the club is secured by a leasehold arrangement with Lane Cove Council.

The two courts were originally of loam construct, then bitupave and are currently synthetic grass.

Club members have participated in numerous competitions conducted by the Northern Suburbs Tennis Association plus less formal challenges between Greenwich and Blackman Park Tennis Clubs.

The clubhouse was built by the Club in the 1980’s and has been named after an active member, the Betty Forbes.

Current Club Activity

The Club welcomes new members and casual bookings.

Members have exclusive use of the courts at the following times:

Wednesdays: 2.30pm - 6pm  

Sundays: 8.30am – 11am and 2:30pm – 6pm

Regular social days are held throughout the year on weekends or some public holidays.